Medium Grade Granulated
Plastic Blast Cleaning Media
Type: Granulated Plastic | Shape: Irregular | Mohs: 3.5
» Most versatile media from mold and screw cleaning to paint and powder coat stripping
» Surface cleaning and adhesive removal from printing equipment
|Part Designation||U.S. Standard Sieve||Inches||Millimeters|
3.5 Mohs Hardness; 1.47 – 1.52 Specific Gravity
Packaging – 275-Pound Drums or 55-Pound Boxes
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Approved under Mil-P-85891A Military specification for plastic blast cleaning media.
- Produces far less dust than walnut shells or glass bead allowing for a clean, easily visible work atmosphere.
- Properly used, will not abrade sensitive surfaces, prolonging the life of expensive molds,tools, and parts.
- Deburrs and deflashes aluminum, zinc, and magnesium parts without damaging part surfaces or altering critical tolerances.
- Sharp, granular edges produce quick cleaning action in less time, saving money.
- All media is non-toxic and produces no silicosis hazards contributing to a safer work environment.
- Can be used in air and wheel-blast equipment, eliminating the need to acquire new equipment in most cases.
- Depainting aircraft components, brakes, wheels, landing gear, engines, etc
- Cleaning aluminum and steel molds in the rubber and plastics industry.
- Stripping powder coated part rejects.
- Depainting automobile bodies, boat surfaces, and components.
- Depainting vacuum-metallized part rejects.
- Deburring machined parts.
- Deflashing electronic components.