Hard Grade Granulated
Plastic Blast Cleaning Media
Type: Granulated Plastic | Shape: Irregular | Mohs: 4.0
» Cleaning steel and chrome-plated molds and feed screws
» Deflashing and resin bleed removal from molded electronic components
|Part Designation||U.S. Standard Sieve||Inches||Millimeters|
|MC-1||12/16||.066 – .047||1.68 – 1.19|
|MC-1.5||16/20||.047 – .033||1.19 – 0.84|
|MC-2||20/30||.033 – .023||0.84 – 0.58|
|MC-3||30/40||.023 – .017||0.58 – 0.42|
|MC-4||40/60||.017 – .010||0.42 – 0.25|
|MC-5||60/100||.010 – .006||0.25 – 0.15|
Irregular Shapes May Yield Up To 15 Percent Size Deviation
4.0 Mohs Hardness; 1.47 – 1.52 Specific Gravity
Packaging – 275-Pound Drums or 55-Pound Boxes
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Cleans metal surfaces with no abrasion or effect on critical tolerances saving money on tooling expense.
- Lasts significantly longer than glass bead increasing the value of your investment.
- Sharp, granular edges produce quick cleaning action in less time, saving money.
- Causes no abrasion to blast cabinet, nozzles, windows or fixtures eliminating the need for frequently replacing costly parts.
- Media is non-toxic and produces no silicosis hazards contributing to a safer work environment.
- Leaves no residue deposits eliminating costly and time-consuming post-washing or other treatment of parts.
- Media is treated with anti-static solution which helps keep dust levels low, reduces static and keeps parts cleaner.
- Feed screw cleaning
- Cleaning steel and chrome-plated molds.
- Cleaning sealants and adhesives from metal surfaces.
- Stripping ground vehicles of paint and various coatings.
- Deflashing and resin bleed removal from molded electronic components.